Apprentice Administrator – Choice & Access
Are you highly motivated, enthusiastic and looking to start your career in administration?
Do you want to gain valuable work experience whilst working towards a national recognised qualification?
Are you interested in working within Health and Care? If so we could have an ideal opportunity for you.
United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated Administration Apprentice to join our Choice and Access Department, based at Lincoln County Hospital.
During the 13 month period of employment, the successful candidate will undertake a range of duties which will be phased in during the programme, running alongside their Apprenticeship studies. These will include:
• Providing reception services, to relevant areas in a professional, understanding and courteous manner
• Providing excellent customer service to patients and visitors
• Providing general administrative support to the department
• Accurately handling data and supporting the maintenance of the Patient Administration System
• Booking patient appointments
• Ensuring compliance with waiting times and cancellation policies
The successful candidate will be provided with both on and off the job training and the on-going support to enable them to undertake and successfully complete the Business Administration Level 2 Apprenticeship.
By the end of the contract, it is expected that the post-holder will be competent in meeting the post’s full duties.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate good customer service and interpersonal skills and have good computer skills, including experience of using Microsoft Office packages such as Word and Excel. They will also need to be committed to completing the apprenticeship with us and most importantly, willing to learn.