Apprentice Patient Care Advisor
As an Apprentice you will support the Patient Care team to provide a point of contact for patients and act as a focal point of communication between patients, doctors and other staff. The Practice will provide training and ongoing support to enable you to use the systems and processes already set up.
You will be required to demonstrate good customer service and interpersonal skills and have good computer skills. You must also be committed to completing the apprenticeship and most importantly, willing to learn.
The role is for a fixed term duration of 15 months and will enable you to study towards a nationally recognised qualification, Customer Service Practitioner Level 2. This qualification will include work place assessments and study skills sessions.
We are pleased to be able to offer this exciting opportunity to someone wishing to enter the world of Primary care and specifically General Practice.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Making appointments for patients
• Respond to all requests for home visits / urgent calls
• Respond to all queries and requests for assistance from patient, visitors and other members of staff as required.
• To date stamp and sort in-coming mail in an appropriate manner and file same within agreed protocols.
• To process all requests for non-NHS work (e.g. medicals / claim forms / insurance reports) as per Practice protocols ensuring appropriate informed consent is received.
• To record all petty cash transactions in a cashbook as required.
• Keep the reception and waiting areas safe and tidy.
• Attending Staff Meetings/other meetings as required.
• Taking part on training courses as highlighted necessary for the job.
• To adhere to any protocols & procedures detailed in the Staff Handbook.