Registered Nurse Apprentice
Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust are delighted and proud to be offering at an exciting opportunity to develop your career in nursing by undertaking a Registered Nursing Degree apprenticeship, to start in January 2021 in partnership with the University of Lincoln. On successful completion of the apprenticeship you will have achieved a BSc (Hons) in Nursing, be eligible to apply to join the Nursing and Midwifery Council register and be guaranteed a registered nursing post with Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust.
During this apprenticeship, you will be a full time student undertaking degree level studies alongside a range of clinical placements within the Trust. The Registered Nurse degree apprenticeship provides a balance of practical skills, high-level knowledge and experience to enable you to provide quality compassionate care to our patients, with support given throughout your employment and training. As this is an apprenticeship you will not be required to pay any tuition fees and you will receive a training salary for the length of the programme. Salary for the duration of the programme will be £16,500.
This is a full time apprenticeship programme requiring 37.5 hours commitment per week. Annual leave for the duration of the programme is pre-set and cannot be taken at any other time. You will be required to work across the full 24/7 clinical shift pattern during this programme.
The entry requirements for the Registered Nurse degree apprenticeship are:
• Maths and English qualifications at GCSE grades A-C or 4-9,
• Functional Skills L2, Key Skills L2. Maths and English qualifications that are embedded within another qualification such as an NVQ or Access Certificate are not recognised or accepted, they must be independent
• For the 3-4 year pathway, 96 UCAS tariff points equivalent to the following:
• GCE Advanced Levels: CCC
• NVQ Level 3 in a Healthcare related qualification
• Senior Healthcare Support Worker Apprenticeship Standard
• International Baccalaureate: 27 points overall.
• BTEC Extended Diploma: Merit, Merit, Merit.
• Access to Higher Education Diploma: 45 Level 3 credits with a minimum of 96 UCAS Tariff points.
If you are successful at interview any offer will be conditional subject to the following:
• Successful completion of the Care Certificate Portfolio if not already achieved.
• Satisfactory pre-employment check: Occupational Health clearance, DBS and references spanning 3 years.
For more information about this exciting opportunity to become a Registered Nurse apprentice, please contact Lee Gifford – 07818 403219 or firstname.lastname@example.org
LCHS Conditional to University offer interviews are 9th and 11th November. University of Lincoln interviews are the 17th and 20th November.