As an Apprentice within the administrative team the post-holder will work alongside other staff members within the Practice to ensure up-to-date patient information is available to everyone in the Practice. The priority of the position is to ensure that daily post is attached to the correct patients record, any read coding required from the letter to be added (within the given standard set), linked to the appropriate Problem Heading and either forwarded to a clinician if actions are needed or filed to patient record. The Practice will provide the post-holder with training and ongoing support to enable them to use the systems and processes already set up.
The Apprentice will be required to demonstrate good customer service and interpersonal skills and have good computer skills, including experience of using Microsoft Office packages such as Word and Excel. They must also be committed to completing the apprenticeship and most importantly, willing to learn.
The role is for a fixed term duration of 15 months and will enable the post-holder to study towards a nationally recognised qualification, Customer Service Practitioner Level 2. This qualification will include work place assessments and study skills sessions.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Data Entry
• Ensuring incoming post is sorted / scanned / attached onto the relevant patients' records.
• Read coding letters and taking appropriate action.
• Dealing with instructions from clinicians in response to any correspondence
• Accessing the Practice email account and taking action when required.
• Attending Staff Meetings/other meetings as required.
• Taking part on training courses as highlighted necessary for the job.